SEASONAL MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT (SMA)
The Seasonal Maintenance Attendant is a 6-month position, at 37.5 hours a week. It includes an hourly pay of $14.25.
– Includes turf and grounds maintenance work: maintaining and improving the park
– Pick up/gather litter and trash in the park; empty trash cans; deliver trash to a central disposal area.
– Sweep/Shovel and clear pathways and steps
– Trim and clear around shrubbery, trees, fences and poles
– Shovel and remove silt and debris to clear drainage outlets
– Report all graffiti & hazards to your supervisor
– Pick up cuttings from beneath pruned trees
– Pick up small branches and twigs that fall from trees; report all branches that cannot be moved to your supervisor
– Rake and pick up leaves/debris along fence-lines
– Wearing your safety vest is mandatory
– A standard workday includes a 30-minute lunch. Please discuss best work days and times with your direct Supervisor.
– You are expected to be in the park during your scheduled hours
– Your district supervisor may change your schedule if needed
Park use is seven days a week. By accepting this SMA position, you have agreed to work the occasional weekend days. (Some SMAs will work weekend days for the duration of the season. Your district supervisor may change your schedule as needed.)
Park SMAs still have to report to work on a rainy day. In the case of extreme weather, your supervisor will assign you to a different location.
City of Philadelphia’s Vaccination Policy:
Please note effective September 1, 2021:
Every new employee shall be vaccinated as a condition of employment. Proof, in the form of an official vaccination card or other appropriate medical documentation which demonstrates that the employee has completed their schedule of COVID-19 vaccinations, must be provided to Parks & Recreation Human Resources Office prior to the employee’s employment start date. Employees having received one dose of a two-dose series prior to their start date shall have 30 days following their start date to complete their schedule of vaccinations.
Interested? Contact Alex@ttfwatershed.org