TTF has worked with consultant Natural Lands to develop a plan centered on community input and equity, with the goal of encouraging park use and strengthening connections with communities. Learn more about People of the Park and Explorer Kits, two special projects implemented as part of the Master Plan process.
The plan was developed with the help of an Advisory Committee, and widely shared surveys and focus groups. Many of you, your families, schools, and organizations shared your concerns and idea for the park. You told us your priorities — park improvements, operations, or programs. Your participation is the foundation for a new vision for Tacony Creek Park.
We want to recognize our Advisory Committee, made up of representatives of organizations doing important work in our community. This group advises the Master Plan process:
- John Buffington, Historical Society of Frankford
- Pete Carter, Tacony Creek Park Keepers
- Sarun Chan, Cambodian Association of Greater Philadelphia
- Donna Davis, Friends of Greater Olney Library
- Yanitza Gonzalez, Councilwoman Maria Quinones Sanchez
- Rachel Lesuer, Juniata Park Academy
- Ambrose Liu, Olney Culture Lab
- Yocasta Lora, AARP
- Priyanka Malik, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Jodi Reynhout, Esperanza
- Elisa Ruse-Esposito, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- MaryBliz Serrano, APM - Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha
- Pedro Soto, PowerCorps PHL
- Kyasha Tyson, Councilwoman Cherelle Parker
The Master Plan is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Scattergood Foundation, and William Penn Foundation.