Help shape the future of Tacony Creek Park!
We're looking for your input to make the park even better - a place that people of all ages and abilities will love and enjoy!
The Tacony Creek Park Master Site Development Plan is underway! TTF is excited to be partnering with consultant Natural Lands on a Master Plan process for the 300-acre Tacony Creek Park, including Juniata Golf Course, and the planned and partially constructed Frankford Creek Greenway.
This plan will encourage public use, strengthen connections with communities, and foster stewardship for this special part of the Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed. Tacony Creek Park is located in the heart of some of Philadelphia’s most ethnically and culturally diverse neighborhoods, with many different languages spoken. The last Master Plan, completed in 1997, focused on park conservation and ecology. This plan centers on community input and equity.
Both Tacony Creek and Frankford Creek run through historically industrialized high-density areas, lacking in access to green space and associated recreational opportunities. This is a huge opportunity for the community to imagine and shape what we want to see for the future of Tacony Creek Park!
Watch this site and our Facebook for Master Plan news. Ideas or questions? Contact email@example.com or 215-744-1853.
We want to recognize our Advisory Committee, made up of representatives of organizations doing important work in our community. This group will advise the Master Plan process:
- John Buffington, Historical Society of Frankford
- Pete Carter, Tacony Creek Park Keepers
- Sarun Chan, Cambodian Association of Greater Philadelphia
- Donna Davis, Friends of Greater Olney Library
- Stephanie Fenniri, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Yanitza Gonzalez, Councilwoman Maria Quinones Sanchez
- Rachel Lesuer, Juniata Park Academy
- Ambrose Liu, Olney Culture Lab
- Yocasta Lora, AARP
- Priyanka Malik, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Jodi Reynhout, Esperanza
- Elisa Ruse-Esposito, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- MaryBliz Serrano, APM - Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha
- Pedro Soto, PowerCorps PHL
- Kyasha Tyson, Councilwoman Cherelle Parker
The Master Plan is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Scattergood Foundation, and William Penn Foundation.
Tacony Creek Park Master Plan Advisory Committee Meetings:
Check out our Tacony Creek Park & Frankford Creek Greenway Master Plan First Public Meeting: